domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

Philip Glass - Naqoyqatsi


















Philip Glass (b. 1937)
Naqoyqatsi, music for the film by Godfrey Reggio
Yo-Yo Ma, solo cello

I just watched this for the first time last night. I've been a huge fan of the first two films for a long time and a bigger fan of Glass's music for them, but somehow I never got around to watching this.
I'll just skip the film review and just say EVERYONE should see this trilogy. It's beautiful, it's rousing and it's terrifying, and absolutely worth your time.
Glass delivers more glassy goodness on this score but adding the voice of the solo cello, which is something that has proved extremely fruitful for Glass recently, and it takes the score to new heights of beauty. I thought the music was good but not as great as the other two scores as I was watching it, but it has that strange power of growing of you and I'm completely in love with it. In just one day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario